If you already have an ICARE account, please log in using the form below. If not, you have to fill a registration form to access the ICARE archive. Your registration will be processed automatically within a few minutes.
The SAREDA processing scheme and derived products are developed by the Mediterranean Institute of Oceanography and the AERIS/ICARE Data and Services Center.
SAREDA is still under development. A provisional level-3 data set (v1.21) from 2002 to 2020 has been released to the public:
- https://www.icare.univ-lille.fr/asd-content/archive/?dir=MODIS/MOD-AFAI-D3.v1.21/ (Terra)
- https://www.icare.univ-lille.fr/asd-content/archive/?dir=MODIS/MYD-AFAI-D3.v1.21/ (Aqua)
- https://www.icare.univ-lille.fr/asd-content/archive/?dir=MODIS/MCD-AFAI-D3.v1.21/ (Terra+Aqua)
No redistribution is permitted.
Any publication using the SAREDA data set must acknowledge the data provenance as follows:
« The SAREDA data set was provided by the AERIS/ICARE Data and Services Center. https://doi.org/10.12770/8fe1cdcb-f4ea-4c81-8543-50f0b39b4eca » and refer to the following articles:
- Descloitres, J., Minghelli, A., Steinmetz, F., Chevalier, C., Chami, M., and Berline, L. (2021). Revisited Estimation of Moderate Resolution Sargassum Fractional Coverage Using Decametric Satellite Data (S2-MSI). Remote Sens. 2021, 13, 5106. https://doi.org/10.3390/rs13245106
- Podlejski, W., Descloitres, J., Chevalier, C., Minghelli, A., Lett, C., and Berline, L. (2022). Filtering out false Sargassum detections using context features. Front. Mar. Sci. 9:960939. https://doi.org/10.3389/fmars.2022.960939
For science questions, please contact the SAREDA Principal Investigator Leo Berline (MIO).
For technical questions about data access, please contact the ICARE helpdesk.
You must log in and agree to the above data policy if you want to access data covered by it